Wednesday, January 4, 2012

How Did I Ever?

Somebody wins the biggest bib contest
How did I ever live without this little guy?

Milo spent the day with his Grandma today.  Like, the whole day.  Ben took him up there this morning when he left for work, and my boys still aren't home yet.  And while it was really nice to veg out and have the day to myself -- and even though it was so simple getting myself out of the car and into wherever and getting things done without worrying whether Milo would have a warm bottle or whether I would have to change him in a public restroom with those 90mph Dyson hand-dryers scaring the bejesus out of him or whether he was warm enough or too sweaty or taking a crappy nap or not napping at all -- I felt completely without a sense of purpose. 

How odd. 

Going places by myself and just getting things done used to be the norm.  Now, I feel like one of the lamps on a timer that used to go on in my grandmother's living room when darkness fell; I'm just ready to see Milo, and no doubt will light up when I see him, even if he's a total cranky-pants.

He's kinda magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment