Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Disco Inferno

What happened to my neck?
Milo is changing by the day, especially in terms of his likes and dislikes.  Some new likes: Elmo videos on Youtube, spitting up for no apparent reason, and the bear chair you see at left.  He used to have it bad for his swinging chair, and the movement could often calm him or at least let him enjoy a nice lull if he was already calm.  Now, it seems to just piss him off.  So for kicks (i.e. I had to go brush my teeth and the bear chair was in the corner of his room looking sad, abandoned, frankly: betrayed), I put him in this chair, a great hand-me-down from friends of ours that I had tried unsuccessfully when Milo was just a tiny baby and he didn't even fit in it safely.  I come back, toothbrush in mouth, and he's basically dancing in the chair, having the time of his life.  It's like Studio 54 in that chair, but without the cocaine and trannies.  Now, it doesn't swing, but it does have a pretty awesome massaging low-key jiggle.  It also has lights and a music option, which can be activated if the baby moves, which Milo does a lot, ensuring that he will get his fill of Pop Goes the Weasel and Three Blind Mice.  I will leave for another day a discussion of frank violence against animals in children's songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment