Friday, November 25, 2011

Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/10/article-1242069-07C44832000005DC-919_468x286.jpgWould you look at this?  It's like my son is some sort of Romanian gymnast or Martha Graham enthusiast.  Ben lifted Milo up several times in a row yesterday, and almost every time, Milo made himself completely horizontal, with toes pointed.  And every time, I must admit to thinking about the scene in Dirty Dancing where Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze (may he rest in peace) are practicing the jump in the lake.  Sometimes it makes me sad that Ben doesn't have the same Dirty Dancing frame of reference that I have for basically everything, although I guess that's just proof that he's a heterosexual male.  But seriously, is it wrong that virtually everything that happens in real life has some sort of DD counterpart?  I suspect that it's just my demographic, because whenever something awkward happens and I say, "I carried a watermelon?" and slap my forehead, my peers seem to get my drift.


No comments:

Post a Comment