Friday, October 28, 2011

Maxin' and Relaxin'

Everyone likes to take a load off in different ways.  Olivia and Hermes, in a rare moment of solidarity, enjoy watching backyard t.v.  Squirrel is currently the top-rated show on the network.  Milo, on the other hand, totally digs napping in the crook of Ben's arm.  Not gonna lie: so do I.  

In other news, which is really not news at all, but I got out of the house, so it feels like news to me, is that Milo and I spent a lovely afternoon with his GG (Great Grandpa Morris) dining at Frenchtown's marvelous "Lovin' Oven" and hanging out at Casa Wachtel.  There's virtually nothing I like better in the world than watching a 6-week old spend time with a 4992-week old, and I'm not being at all facetious.  Morris is quite smitten with Milo, and is as gentle and loving as you could possibly imagine, and it intrigues me to think about how Milo (who is just beginning to follow an object like a rattle with his eyes) will someday, God willing, have an accumulation of knowledge, memories and images like Morris does.  Someday, hopefully, Milo will be talking to (or near, anyway) his own great-grandson, and musing on what life was like before we all had pentium chips implanted in our crania and ate homemade food rather than FutureShakes.  

Also, I love hanging out with Morris, because I like hearing about the number of worlds he's inhabited, getting his perspective on family and parenting and being the recipient of his compassionate advice.  And to get a little bit sentimental, being with him allows me to feel like I can still enter a portal to see my own grandmother.  Boy, she would've gotten a kick out of Milo (and of meeting Ben, of course) and would've had her share of belly laughs watching me try to mother someone!  Really, there probably isn't too much out there more wonderful and bizarre than having kids, watching your kids have kids, and then watching those kids have kids.        !לדור ודור

No comments:

Post a Comment